I love D

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Mon Sep 25 17:43:08 UTC 2023

On Sun, Sep 24, 2023 at 10:33:56PM +0000, Antonio via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thursday, 21 September 2023 at 16:29:43 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> > >
> > > One thing that I like about D is... it has the performance of a
> > > System/compiled language at at same time supports GC.
> > >
> > > I'm not a language expert but coming from C that was very cool.
[...]
> > Nice to see some praise to D for a change. We need more people like this
>
> I love GC too.  Too many discussions trying to kill GC.

+1.

The GC is a real boon for not spending countless hours debugging memory
leaks and pointer bugs. And for facilitating clean, understandable,
composable internal APIs that aren't cluttered with memory management
paraphrenalia spam.  And for freeing up your mental resources to focus
on actually making progress in the problem domain, rather than
constantly wrangling with memory management issues.

--T