I love D

bachmeier no at spam.net
Mon Sep 25 17:51:05 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 24 September 2023 at 09:16:27 UTC, evilrat wrote:
> On Sunday, 24 September 2023 at 07:27:39 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>>
>> I wonder why D isn't more popular.
>>
>> Also we have arsd, so it's an automatic win.
>
> I think major points is:
>
> 1) most devs are web related

I don't think this is meaningful. Almost certainly more than 50%
of people who call themselves programmers are working on things
related to the web. That doesn't mean there aren't a lot of
programmers working on other things like data science.

Web programming is almost certainly a dead end today. That space
is full. That just means D's opportunities are elsewhere.