Improve the OOP ABI

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Fri Sep 29 10:28:58 UTC 2023

On 29/09/2023 9:04 PM, Alexandru Ermicioi wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 September 2023 at 19:25:15 UTC, Richard (Rikki) Andrew
> Cattermole wrote:
>> I said this on Discord, but that means all TypeInfo has to be
>> exported, even for executables.
>
> There might be an issue when your lib uses two other libs, and both of
> them use lib X but of different versions. This might cause issues with
> exported structures when they differ from version to version, and etc.
> Could this also be an issue for exported TypeInfos?

It shouldn't be. As long as everything is the same codegen wise (except
pointer values), then two TypeInfo's should compare identically.

But you almost got to the concern, not when there are two different
versions of a package, but when they are the same version, but linked
into different binaries and not exported.