Improve the OOP ABI

Guillaume Piolat first.name at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 13:10:43 UTC 2023

On Friday, 29 September 2023 at 12:33:13 UTC, deadalnix wrote:

> Which seems to indicate the duplication is not a fatality, but
> they have to handle it because they might be working with stuff
> that are loaded with RTLD_LOCAL? What does this mean? is this
> really a constraint that we have?

I'm way underqualified. Using RTLD_NOW (and not sure what it
does), it seems to work on all platforms, but I certainly do not
expect RTTI to work across binaries. C ABI provides minimum
headache. Hipreme also do shared libs, and they went the minimal
druntime way. We want less of druntime and Phobos, not more of it.