Why?

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 12:27:00 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 4 April 2024 at 11:10:04 UTC, Richard (Rikki) Andrew
Cattermole wrote:

> On 05/04/2024 12:07 AM, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
>> On Thursday, 4 April 2024 at 10:18:10 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
>> Andrew Cattermole wrote:

>>> I can certainly see it being used with shared libraries.
>>
>> If you mean shared code for libraries, I don't see how. Isn't
>> dub the *official* tool to use for library? What's the problem
>> in revamping the way dub download / organise / handle source
>> distributions?
>
> No I meant shared libraries.
>
> Specifically the distribution of the source files that act as
> the interface to it.
>
> That way you have the .sar file and the .dll and that's
> everything you need to use it.

Aren't 'di' sources the target solution for library API? What's
the problem in distributing a zip or tar?

In C++ you usually have a specific "include" directory with all
you need, what's the burden in doing a zip with the shared
library binary and the 'di' directories?

/P