DIP Feedback

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 00:16:53 UTC 2024

On Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:40:24 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> As a reminder, we've got some draft DIPs in the DIP Development
> forum waiting for feedback. Please take a look and give your
> thoughts:
>
> https://forum.dlang.org/group/dip.development
>
> Rikki's DIP in particular:
>
> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/fikldqqeedfuasdutuda@forum.dlang.org
>
> He's ready to submit it for evaluation, but there's been so
> little feedback on it in the forum, I want to give it a couple
> of more days. So please give it a look and share your thoughts
> on how it can improve.
>
> And don't forget about the ideas percolating in the DIP Ideas
> forum:
>
> https://forum.dlang.org/group/dip.ideas
>
> This new system only works with enough community participation.
> Please take a look at the drafts and ideas and share your
> feedback.
>
> Thanks!

On Rikki's DIP in particular, I think that the low feedback is
due to the fact that most of the rough edges were sanded down in
either in-person or on Discord months ago. Also, I haven't found
it to be a very controversial DIP when talking to others.

If you want a raging bonfire. Let's get JMD's ranges proposal in
the pipe. That set off five monster threads in the design repo.