Array focused iterators

monkyyy crazymonkyyy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 19:16:53 UTC 2024

On Saturday, 13 April 2024 at 15:12:56 UTC, rkompass wrote:

> Can you tell a learner what the benefits would be for an end
> user

Rn std.sreaching sux. "CountUntil" is the right name for a wrong
function for something slightly complex like unicode strings
countUntil doesn't function as an indexOf because the information
is dropped; if you had a .key in the interface you could filter a
list and get a valid index/key trivailly and you could make
better functions in general then the confusing mess of an api rn.

> - Can this be extended for a complete substitution of Phobos'
> `std.algorithm`?

On a technical level, yes
on a organization level, std algorithm has had 96 contributors
over 10 years, I havnt convinced a single person this is
important and have patience's for like 2 weeks alone

> - Would this allow for @nogc or even -betterC throughout?

Thats more a data structure question then an algorithms one