Real D

bachmeier no at spam.net
Tue Apr 23 15:46:24 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 14:56:50 UTC, Marconi wrote:

> If D create some new way to make manual memory management
> easily, in such a way that the lovers of GC would not be so
> furious... the language could reach almost the perfection.
>
> Default GC was the biggest D mistake.

As long as you're willing to ignore all the evidence, I agree.
The GC has never prevented anyone from doing good things without
the GC. Look at the excellent work on Mir, for instance. The
things the anti-GC crowd complains about simply a reflection of
the lack of demand for D as a non-GC language. If there was
demand, someone would already have done the work making that
stuff available.