Inside of D’s GC in Russian

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 11:40:40 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09:10 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> Looks like the compiler here can't simultaneously do template
> inference, overload resolution and implicit conversion. I guess
> C++ somehow copes with that?

I’ve been doing a bit of Kotlin -> C# lately and found its type
inference lacking. Things that are easily deduced by Kotlin
compiler required direct parameters on the C# side. Mostly
converting monadic parser code that uses a variation of Result
monad. Lack of bottom type also hurts, plus had to introduce my
own unit type.

—
Dmitry Olshansky
CEO @ Glowlabs