Phobos 3 Discussion Notes - 02-01-2024

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 18:19:47 UTC 2024

On Friday, 2 February 2024 at 09:09:37 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
> Walter and I had a productive conversation yesterday about
> Phobos 3 and we felt it would be appropriate to share some
> notes on our discussion.
>
> [snip]

When it comes to discussions around functions that allocate to
the heap, I think there is some benefit in implementing
lower-level functionality in functions that do not do any
allocations whatsoever. You can then have higher level API above
that that controls allocation and is more convenient to use. That
way users can opt in to whatever they want or write their own
more convenient API on top of the lower level functions.

May not work for everything, but could be a useful approach.