What is the reasoning behind the lack of conversions when passing parameters

Carl Sturtivant sturtivant at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 06:42:35 UTC 2024

On Saturday, 3 February 2024 at 03:19:00 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I tried to make overloading in D much simpler, but it's still
> overly complex.

It is apparent that it is overloading and `alias this` in its
present form that are the mistakes. Not the initialization
mechanism.

Without that pair of mistakes, having parameter passing being
initialization would be as simple as, well, initialization.
Surely we don't think there's a design problem with
initialization implicitly calling constructors?