Phobos 3 Discussion Notes - 02-01-2024

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 15:54:53 UTC 2024

On Sunday, 4 February 2024 at 12:35:02 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:

I get it, you are interested in the propagation mechanic, it can
be done with error handling code too, take a look at Swift/Zig,
take a look at Go2's proposal, many have succesfully moved away
from EH, I learnt from them

There is no reason to be stubborn about the way it is currently
done in phobos, DMD was successfully built without exceptions,
let's embrace and enhance this

My game+engine are also successfully built without EH, and i'd
love to move away from the C way of checking errors, and i'm
envious of how other people are doing it with their other
languages