Phobos 3 Discussion Notes - 02-01-2024

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 16:54:49 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 7 February 2024 at 16:20:31 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 February 2024 at 10:10:27 UTC, Atila Neves
> wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Yes, I'm aware of this problem, but I don't see a way around it.
>
> [...]

All good points, thanks. I like the "just use ranges" approach,
algorithms really shouldn't have to care what allocation strategy
is backing the range they just got, and this is an insight I
won't soon forget.

Appending from a "different" vector will mean element copies, I
guess. Or OOP. Trade offs. Trade offs everywhere.