Phobos 3 Discussion Notes - 02-01-2024

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 10:01:32 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 7 February 2024 at 22:00:49 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> That being said, I would expect most D code to go with the
> templated approach. It's what D typically does,

We are here, we said we don't like them templated

> and the kind of folks who want to use allocators are usually
> also the kind of folks who aren't going to be very happy about
> passing classes around.

"classes"? the kind of people who want to use allocators are not
the kind of people to make them "classes" another red flag..

Passing them around? yes, if you care about using allocators, you
won't mind doing this, besides, it's limited to the places you
want to control your allocations, it's not a kind of type you
pass around _everywhere_