Static ctors in wasm

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Fri Feb 9 00:02:12 UTC 2024

How are static ctors actually implemented in D?  I was under the
impression that there's some kind of table stored in the executable that
the druntime startup code traverses. But apparently this is
OS-dependent??  I'm trying to get static ctors to work in wasm, but
can't find any way of making it work. The druntime code that I looked
into all hook into stuff dependent on the executable format, and
obviously there isn't anything for wasm (yet).

Is this even possible in wasm?  Or am I missing something obvious?

A program should be written to model the concepts of the task it performs rather than the physical world or a process because this maximizes the potential for it to be applied to tasks that are conceptually similar and, more important, to tasks that have not yet been conceived. -- Michael B. Allen