Thoughts on Backward Compatibility

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 11:39:50 UTC 2024

Small addition to my post for a little prediction

I predict that people using high level languages will be replaced
by generative AI tools

Python developers doing generative AI stuff turn back to C
whenever they need performance

I want them to turn back to D

If you just have 1 D library that one of these devs depend on,
then it's a win for D, because that'll attract ton of developers
having an interest in maintaining, extending and funding it, and
that's imo what we should all thrive for, enabling people to
write pragmatic libraries with high impact, high performance, so
no gc, no exceptions, no oop, so it's easy for these people to
consume it

D has to compete with what exist today, and what's to come, it
needs to be future proof

https://docs.modular.com/mojo/why-mojo.html