What ever happened to move semantics?

Sergey kornburn at yandex.ru
Tue Feb 27 08:44:59 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 27 February 2024 at 02:28:32 UTC, Manu wrote:

> Walter: It's been too long, there are still no containers,

Btw will be interesting to know the list of containers you demand.
Because many times people spoke about containers, but there are
hundreds of them (as Mike mentioned some families. I would also
add probabilistic containers to the party)..

People from industry are usually talking like "containers from
std are good only for simple things. If you want to solve some
real and hard problem - you have to implement your
specific/custom version of the container exactly for your
particular problem set".

So containers from std should be just simple to use and
integrated well.. but if you need performance/low memory
footprint, you will implement it from scratch anyway.

And I think it is worth to mention
https://code.dlang.org/packages/ikod-containers - nogc, safe
containers that worked well for me. It has a few structures, but
could be base for other implementations.

@Rikki:

This answer sounds like "come back in 10 years" :)