What ever happened to move semantics?

Guillaume Piolat first.name at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 10:57:00 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 27 February 2024 at 07:44:26 UTC, zjh wrote:
> On Tuesday, 27 February 2024 at 02:28:32 UTC, Manu wrote:
>> Walter: It's been too long, there are still no containers,
>> which is embarrassing and stdcpp is still blocked on this.
>

> You're absolutely right, it's just that there's no `container
> library`, and `'stdcpp'` is a bit unstable.

Trying to build that at:
https://github.com/Inochi2D/numem

And indeed we hit the lack of move semantics, as it's possible to
make a vector<shared_ptr!T> but of course vector<unique_ptr!T>
encounters issues (it's very much like trying to do a vector of
auto_ptr in C++98).

Curious what Robert will say about how to make proper containers.