Thank you to Rainer: shared library support

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Mon Jan 1 08:57:38 UTC 2024

On 01/01/2024 9:00 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> I'm really glad you, Rainer, and Nick are taking point on this! Well done!

My hope is that in two releases we will have all the big stuff solved.

We gotta move fast, create some excitement, show the world we can be
different!

It has already influenced Adam Wilson's work on PhobosV3, so to me this
is a major turning point for us. To think about distribution first. Not
as an after thought.

Moving forward I would like to see my DIP implemented first. To ensure
any problems (regardless of nature) are solved quickly. Otherwise I'll
need to somehow convince Mike to open the queue very soon, only thing
left to do is put it into the right format. This is why I asked if you
would do it in first message, so that we can help things move at their
own pace while still getting to that deadline.

I am very excited!