We are forking D

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Tue Jan 2 18:54:17 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 2 January 2024 at 17:55:56 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> Growing greatly dissatisfied with how things are in the D
> Programming Language, we decided it is time to fork it......

> Thank you, and good luck.

That's good news but who are "we" in this case?

The name OpenD is ok, I was thinking to naming it "D
professional" but that's not so important.

This is a decision that is long overdue and I am happy that it is
finally happening. It is also very unfortunate but there is
simply no other way in order to progress. The important thing is
that you get productive people on board who wants to contribute.

Also is there a new forum that we can use in order to discuss
things? I'm talking about a forum and not a chat group.