We are forking D

Konstantin kostya.hm2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 20:49:33 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 2 January 2024 at 17:55:56 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:
> * Embracing the GC and improving upon it, disregarding betterC
> and nogc in the process
> * Concentrating on the code being `@safe` by default
> * Revizing & rewriting the standard library, making `std.v2`
> * Improving `druntime` and porting it to other platforms, like
> wasm
> * Encouraging writing code in D, not sticking up with C
> * Improving toolchain

Good luck!

On the contrary, I'm trying to find a basic, uncomplicated
language D to use it as better C++ (modules, mixins, UFCS and so
on) with an experimental nogc compiler stripped of features that
split the language into subsets (better C, safe/unsafe and so
on). Compiler is based on the old dmd-cxx branch.