We are forking D

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 06:04:49 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 2 January 2024 at 17:55:56 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:
> Hello everyone!

https://dpldocs.info/opend/roadmap.html

On this page it's mentioned:

> D's current dictatorship model goes contrary to those lessons.
> Whether benevolent or not, a dictator is still a single point
> of failure and a bottleneck on the process. We need to correct
> this to finally allow D to thrive.

I think it's easy to fall into the trap of replacing one
"dictator" with another. For example, the roadmap on that page
lists language features which will be added or removed. But, who
decided on this? The community? Or just another person who
declared themselves to be the new ruler?

I'll be really curious to see how the new leadership handles
themselves when tough calls have to be made.

Wishing you all the best.