Making 2024 the Year of D

Waffle56 waffle56 at biz.com
Thu Jan 4 07:47:01 UTC 2024

Hello everyone, I wish you all a happy 2024 with my warmest
regards.

I am a software developer with a deep passion for the D
programming language, actively using it in my projects. In my own
software company, we prefer to use D to meet the needs of our
clients. However, I have some concerns about the future of this
language.

What are your thoughts on the journey of the D language? Although
it hasn’t gained widespread popularity since its launch, I see it
as a hidden treasure waiting to be discovered. First and
foremost, I would like to express my gratitude to everyone
involved in developing this language, especially the core team.
However, I believe we need to resolve the disagreements within
our community and support this language more robustly.

 From forum discussions, I understand that the D language is
undergoing a process of forking. Forking can be positive in some
instances, but how beneficial can such divisions be for a
programming language that already has a limited community? Let's
please come together to develop this language and advance this
wonderful project that has been shaped by years of hard work,
finding common ground without hurting anyone.

Let’s declare 2024 as the "Year of D". Spend this year spreading
and using D more extensively. Together, let's take this project
to the place it deserves. With your support, we have the
opportunity to showcase the potential of the D language to the
entire world.