We are forking D

Martyn martyn.developer at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 4 14:01:43 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 4 January 2024 at 10:09:27 UTC, i_meva wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 January 2024 at 17:55:56 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:
>> One of the ways to achive our goal is to have core focuses of
>> the language. Such focuses are:
>>
>> [...]
>
> If the codes we write in the current D language will work
> smoothly with this fork, I would like to contribute to this
> project. A D language that does not have any breakdowns is very
> important for stability.

It depends, I guess, on how you wrote you program/lib.

While things can change.. this is their roadmap. Currently titled:
"Stuff i might do in my D fork"

This is their "No" category:

*Focus on betterC or nogc. I might or might not deliberately
break them, but I certainly won't expend effort maintaining or
promoting them*

So if you write anything for betterC or nogc, you might not be
able to migrate to "OpenD"

As I say - its early days yet, and this roadmap could be changed.