Making 2024 the Year of D

i_meva i_meva at outlook.com
Sun Jan 7 09:45:34 UTC 2024

On Saturday, 6 January 2024 at 03:18:03 UTC, Doigt wrote:
> I have a 3 ideas in my mind that should help make this happen:
>
> 1) People should make contributions to D in the form docs and
> tutorials. If anyone's drawing blanks, I have a couple of fun
> project ideas that should be relatively simple to implement and
> be excellent learning tools such as:
> * emulating real life social games (rock-paper-scissors, tic
> tac toe, nim, guessing a random number, hangman, etc.)
> * recreating classic video games (pacman, tetris, space
> invaders, boulder dash, sokoban, etc.)
> * making simple websites (url bookmarks, basic chat, image
> gallery, etc.)

I plan to launch a project this month that I have developed using
the D programming language. I am considering publishing
educational materials in this language to contribute and expand
knowledge. After gaining some more experience in mobile app
development, I intend to create a chat system, but for now, my
focus will be on developing a web-based chat system.