We are forking D

Lance Bachmeier no at spam.net
Mon Jan 8 14:02:49 UTC 2024

On Monday, 8 January 2024 at 08:25:08 UTC, Siarhei Siamashka
wrote:
> On Sunday, 7 January 2024 at 16:43:17 UTC, Lance Bachmeier
> wrote:
>> I'd much rather Adam put his time into a fork, rather than the
>> more common approach where he'd post here under various names,
>> make ridiculous claims, and vandalize the discussions. If
>> you're new, you may not have seen the many posts from someone
>> that doesn't like private at the module level.
>
> Do you think that there can't possibly be more than one person
> in the whole world, who doesn't like the D's private keyword?
> And that this single person persistently registering under
> different names is the only possible explanation? Really?
>
> I did mention the private keyword in this forum before. I
> guess, now I'm starting to understand the reasons why some
> topics provoke unusually hostile reaction around here.

Here's one example, posted under the name "UmmReally", even
admitting that it's off-topic:

> In my version of D (a fork based on someone elses work), I am
> not 'forced' to use that 'workaround'.
>
> Even javascript has private to the class.
>
> D is comlete joke! i.e. ..>  that you cannot even make a
> private member within a class (except through some stupid
> 'workaround').
>
> So with that...back on to topic.. YES 'offical' D really IS
> that bad!
>
> (but not my version of D ;-)
>
> btw. This is not really a complaint ;-)
>
>It's great that I can create my own fork based on someone else
>work (to do what I can do in anyother langauge, including
>javascript!).

There's nothing useful about a post like that. But I'm not just
talking about this topic. We used to have trolls waiting for any
positive post so that they could add a bunch of
fabricated/misleading statements to the thread. They wanted to
make it so Google wouldn't return anything positive about D (and
they mostly succeeded).