We are forking D

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Jan 8 18:35:53 UTC 2024

On 1/8/2024 6:34 AM, Bruce Carneal wrote:
> It might not still be up but I found it approachable.  Again, though, it's a
> draft and might not match the code (or the actual intent for that matter).

I had thought the Interpolation template implementations were meant to be
overridden. But looking at the the sql implementation:

https://github.com/adamdruppe/interpolation-examples/blob/master/lib/sql.d

shows this not to be the case.

 > Still, a useful possibility for those who prefer not to look at code in the
 > early going.

A specification should not require looking at the code. After all, do you expect
to need to read the C++ compiler source to figure out what it does?