Interpolated strings and SQL

Alexandru Ermicioi alexandru.ermicioi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 08:45:50 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 9 January 2024 at 08:29:08 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> The intent of DIP1027 is not to provide the most powerful,
> richest mechanism. It's meant to be the simplest I could think
> of, with the most attractive appearance, minimal runtime
> overhead, while handling the meat and potatoes use cases.

If that's the case, then 1036 wins imho, by simple thing of not
doing any parsing of format string.

Note, that other use cases might not require building of a format
string.

What about logging functionality?

In case of 1036, a log function could just dump all text into
sink directly, for 1027 it would still need to parse format
string to find where to inject arguments. This use case makes
1036 more favourable than 1027, by your own criterias for a good
mechanism.