We are forking D

BlueBeach blue.beach7052 at fastmail.com
Tue Jan 9 13:00:35 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 9 January 2024 at 08:45:03 UTC, whitebyte wrote:
> It's fascinating that Walter did not relate to this at all, but
> readily jumped into a lengthy technical discussion of a
> tangentially related topic.

Agreed, particularly with the word „fascinating“.

I think the whole forking situation is kinda sad. This fork will
probably go nowhere, that something that had been proven time and
time again unfortunately. And I‘m afraid for dlang it will be a
net negative too.

I just reread the whole thread and I think in the first 4 to 5
pages the discussion stayed mostly on topic. But then the
discussion first got a little more confrontational when some
senior dlang people joined the discussion. Subsequently the
entire discussion was basically ended by drowning it in technical
detail for the next 5 pages.

To be honest it is hard for me  to see the end goal of this
strategy. What makes it so hard to discuss this fork and engage
on topic? Why not let them at least have their discussion?