We are forking D

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Tue Jan 9 16:52:09 UTC 2024

On Tue, Jan 09, 2024 at 04:18:40PM +0000, Martyn via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 January 2024 at 15:46:15 UTC, Quirin Schroll wrote:
[...]
> > Why not name it I? Going by the history of D, it’s a successor of C,
> > which is a successor of B. Now, the next letter would be E, but that
> > is taken, as are F, G, and H, but I is the next one that’s not
> > already taken.
>
> I don't know... we still have D++ and D# to use, right?
>
> :-)
>
> In all seriousness, if their fork does work out for them, I can see
> them renaming to something like **D**ivergent.
[...]

According to Adam, he wants to keep the name "OpenD": the idea is that
it's D, only open to others' contributions without undue delay or
onerous demands.

My personal hope is that we'd call it Boulder or boulDer: the thing that
gets D rolling again, that makes D rock (or rather, boulder) again. :-P

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.