We are forking D

max haughton maxhaton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 18:57:08 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 9 January 2024 at 18:09:19 UTC, user1234 wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 January 2024 at 17:42:11 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> [...]
>
> I dont see how a D fork managed by Ruppe could be managed in a
> better way.
> That would be a downgrade. You oppose someone who spent years
> into trying to maintain a community to someone who gets crazy
> over a single disagreement.

Adam's been around for ages, come on now.

FWIW I contributed to both projects over the weekend because I
view the fork as more of an opportunity to try things out rather
than the future necessarily, and it was a lot easier with the
fork.

A lot of the practices and layout of the main D project are
either antiquated or just bad, a fork is a nice way to try out
new stuff and learn something rather than making a plan to make a
plan about how you might fix things.