We are forking D

GrimMaple grimmaple95 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 21:46:31 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 9 January 2024 at 20:02:40 UTC, BlueBeach wrote:
> There is the vision document from Mike Parker
> (https://github.com/dlang/vision-document)
>
> I think it’s noble attempt and could be starting point for
> improvements. But I’m interested in your opinion.
>
> Where you involved somehow?
> Do you see any of your concerns somehow addressed?

I think I accidentlly kick-started that by one of my rants on the
discord. I definitely wasn't the cause, but maybe just the final
straw.

It is a good read, however, 2 years passed and you see literally
0 development. Nothing is improved in reality. It's all just
talk, no action. I had my scepticism, but now I'm 95% sure that
none of that is going to be implemented; it's just gonna rot as a
historical artifact on the internet.