We are forking D

zjh fqbqrr at 163.com
Wed Jan 10 01:56:48 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 9 January 2024 at 21:26:30 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Now, to be fair, LOTS of work has been done in D over the past
> years. Don't get me wrong, it isn't as though D has come to a
> standstill. There's still lots of good stuff in D, and they're
> still trickling in. (I wish they were pouring in, but I'll
> settle with a trickle.) Unfortunately, the fundamental issues
> like I described above remain unsolved, and from all
> appearances, unlikely to be solved. We excel at solving
> technical issues, social issues not so much.  I'm not holding
> my breath.

Yes, various high demands have driven out D contributors.
We don't need to be absolutely right from the beginning, we need
to meet countless needs from the beginning. And many proposals
and requirements are ruined before we even try them out.

All kinds of prohibitions, all kinds of prohibitions, so
contributors and users all ran away.

The simplest thing is that C++ users want a private that is only
private to the class.

But, just not letting you have it, it doesn't meet D's perfect
feeling?

The problem can be solved simply by adding a switch! They just
don't want your users to be satisfied.

So the user ran, the contributor ran!