We are forking D

Guillaume Piolat first.name at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 13:02:55 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 10 January 2024 at 12:08:07 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi
wrote:

> I care, for example, because that would be an improvement in my
> company codebase.

But it's not an improvement _in the D ecosystem_ to hear shouts
during 3 month (we loose lots of users this way), lost goodwill,
over a menial feature that was always possible as part of the
scriptlike package 9 years ago.
https://github.com/Abscissa/scriptlike/blob/master/examples/features/StringInterpolation.d

I care a lot about D mind you and I see no evidence that any
feature is worth that kind of shouting contest. It's going to be
very fun when everyone come to agree ImportC was a good idea in
the end.