enum Format

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Jan 11 02:21:17 UTC 2024

On 1/10/2024 5:53 PM, Nickolay Bukreyev wrote:
> Exactly. Let me try to explain why DIP1036 is doing what it is doing. For
> illustrative purposes, I’ll be drastically simplifying code; please excuse me
> for that.

Thank you for the explanation. It was entirely missing from the spec, and I
overlooked it in the code. (This is why reverse engineering a spec from code is
not so easy.) It is indeed clever.

As for it being a required feature of string interpolation to do this processing
at compile time, that's a nice feature, not a must have.

The enum proposal is to obviate the requirement for a header and footer
template, which is a big improvement.