named arguments, string interpolation, please stop.

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Thu Jan 11 20:55:52 UTC 2024

On 1/11/24 20:33, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/11/2024 5:07 AM, deadalnix wrote:
>> These are just simple thing that I have on top of my mind, but there
>> are a ton more.
> Thanks for taking the time to write this list. I would like to see all
> of your issues, though! Let's make a list and then have a bugzilla entry
> for each of them, so we can start picking them off.
>
>  > such as @nogc, has been a productivity disaster
>
> I don't really understand this. Just don't use @nogc?

Perhaps a library you want to use is `@nogc` and you have to provide a
callback, override a class method, or fork it to add a new feature you need.

Maybe you want to avoid implicit GC allocations in some part of the
code, but now you have to mark the entire function `@nogc` to get the
checking, and then you can no longer use exceptions in that function.

etc.