named arguments, string interpolation, please stop.

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 23:03:20 UTC 2024

On Friday, 12 January 2024 at 11:04:09 UTC, claptrap wrote:
> So im not sure if it matters if average joe has a
> misunderstanding about what nogc does (im not sure they
> actually do either tbh), but the people who actually really
> need it have to understand it and a lot more on top.
>
> So "average joe doesnt understand nogc therefor its useless" is
> a strawman IMO.

If it doesn't matter, or they really do know, then please present
an alternative theory as to why we keep having the same
misunderstandings over @nogc.

Small problem, I didn't raise a strawman, you did. I never said
it was useless. You decided that was what I meant to say and
attacked that instead. I said that it's a hygiene feature that is
frequently misunderstood and that it *could* be done as a linting
item.