Warn about using the GC

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 10:49:44 UTC 2024

On Sunday, 14 January 2024 at 09:44:23 UTC, Daniel N wrote:
> On Sunday, 14 January 2024 at 09:25:18 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Instead of using @nogc, we could have a compiler switch "warn
>> on use of GC" which you can turn on if you like, or not, or
>> turn on the -w switch to treat the gc warnings as errors.
>
> What if you use @nogc in the hot-path but want to use gc during
> initialization?

Too bad that Walter is most likely already fixated on his own
idea and is in a "tunnel vision" mode, turning a blind eye on
real practical use cases. Now he will defend his contraption to
the bitter end. Don't expect him to pay any attention to the
opinion of lowly plebeians. We are only allowed to cheer on him
and praise his great talent.