named arguments, string interpolation, please stop.

zjh fqbqrr at 163.com
Mon Jan 15 01:21:33 UTC 2024

On Sunday, 14 January 2024 at 21:39:33 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

> What is the criteria for if a feature should be merged or not?
> I cannot think of one where somebody isn't going to be unhappy
> about the result.

The standard is very simple: whether to `increase users `and
whether to `make users happy`! Adding a simple keyword like this
can attract `a large number of C++users`, which is `net profit`!

On the contrary, you did not add this feature, you lost all! `The
users` has left, and D has not `improved` either!

Perhaps it's not important to you, but for those who are
accustomed to C++, this is a `very important thing`. At the class
level, you don't want other builds in the same module to access
it, which is a `basic requirement`.

Perhaps you are not used to it, but users have already become
accustomed to it
This is `basic class level encapsulation`!
For `C++users`, it's like `eating and drinking water`!

Now `'openD'` has taken away pure `'GC'` users, which is a good
thing. We can fully focus on serving and competing with
`'C++/rust'`!

You can definitely locate the target of `'D'` more accurately!
Competing with `'rust'` and facilitating the writing of
`'rust/C++'` wrappers should all be the goals of `'D'`!

The previous article about `'interfacing rust/C++'` was very
good! In this way, although I don't use `'rust/C++'`, I can still
make use of the ecosystem of `'rust/C++'`!

It's also good for users, don't have to `endure` the `ugly
syntax` of `'rust'`! But you can enjoy the features of the 'rust'
community! `Rust's is D's`!