The forked elephant in the room

claptrap clap at trap.com
Mon Jan 15 17:11:28 UTC 2024

On Monday, 15 January 2024 at 09:46:11 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> As seen on this very same forum / mailing list, some of the
> members of
> the community have decided to fork D over disagreements with how
> things are being run.

I was very disappointed to read the whole post and find that the
promised elephant was nowhere to be found. The idiom generally
means "something huge and obvious that everyone is tiptoeing
around as if it doesn't exist ". On contrary it's all been talked
about top to bottom, endlessly.

I had hope for some juicy diversion from the endless talk of
string interpolation, sliding whatnots and forks up the
proverbial... But alas I will have find that elsewhere.

Top marks for click-baity title though!