The forked elephant in the room

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Mon Jan 15 18:45:33 UTC 2024

On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 03:36:52PM +0000, IGotD- via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> I also want to point out that the intention is not to deter anyone who
> are not in D project management to use openD and contribute. However,
> if you are on the D project management if you try to get involved in
> the openD project I'm highly skeptical about your intentions.

On the contrary, Adam himself has said that if the current upstream
management people would like to contribute to openD, he'd have seats
reserved for them at the table.  Though he is not holding his breath for
this to happen.

> The D project should instead welcome the addition to the fork in order
> revitalize the language and create healthy competition.

Given the acrimony surrounding the decision to fork, I don't think this
is a very realistic expectation.

Guns don't kill people. Bullets do.