The forked elephant in the room

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Mon Jan 15 19:10:27 UTC 2024

On Monday, 15 January 2024 at 18:33:07 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> Now this is uncalled for. Where in Atila's post was anything
> mentioned about stopping the fork?

This.

> We hope that in time the contributors to OpenD will decide to
> lend
> their time instead to the D language.

He basically writes "We don't want you to work on openD project,
you should work on the D project". The key word here is *instead*
which suggest that it should be mutually exclusive.

> This is also uncalled for. Where in Atila's post is there
> anything to do with infiltration?

I'm concerned that the D management will influence the openD
project and try to bring in the "old ways" which is the state of
this project right now. It can also creep in when everybody is
totally unaware of it, like a spouse always ending up in abusive
relationships. I suggest that the decision making in openD should
be isolated from the old D project management, at least in the
beginning until openD has matured.