The forked elephant in the room

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Tue Jan 16 08:23:53 UTC 2024

On 16/01/2024 9:08 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/15/2024 10:38 PM, Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole wrote:
>> [...]
> This sounds cool. Please do a DConf presentation on it!

I've talked about this on BeerConf, but there are a few reasons why
unless DConf is here in New Zealand, its probably best that I don't go.

However on that topic, I was going to do a Unicode talk for DConf Online
this year, but alas that kinda depended upon UAX31 identifiers, and you
haven't been too keen to approve that line of work so I haven't done it.

Anyway regarding my stuff, a lot of the lessons learned from it have
gone into other work like PhobosV3 and Paul's work on allocators. Its
going to show up at DConf at some point I expect.

Now if only I could convince you about having reference counting...
that's another lesson that came from it. Good chance I'm going to have
to drop DIP1000/scope if that cross behavior isn't resolved tbh. I can
bare the pain, but I can't ask others to.