D Bugzilla is still the right place to report problems

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Tue Jan 16 17:04:09 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, January 16, 2024 6:27:14 AM MST Andrea Fontana via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 January 2024 at 00:32:13 UTC, user1234 wrote:
> > With all what's going on, I wanted to remind you that. In case
> > you want it to be ever fixed. Roger this ?
> >
> > https://issues.dlang.org/
>
> I still don't get why we're not using github for issues in 2024.

Personally, I don't get why you'd use github issues when you have bugzilla,
because bugzilla is a superior tool for dealing with bug reports. Github
issues make a lot of sense for small projects where you don't want to go to
the trouble of setting up your own instance of bugzilla, but for larger
projects, they're a mess in comparison.

That being said, D management has been convinced to switch to using github
issues, and work is being done on migrating the issues on bugzilla to
github, but it takes time. I think that they're getting close to pulling the
trigger on it though.

- Jonathan M Davis