We are forking D

Les De Ridder dlang at lesderid.net
Tue Jan 16 20:49:51 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 9 January 2024 at 08:45:03 UTC, whitebyte wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 January 2024 at 17:55:56 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:
>> Hello everyone!
>>
>> Growing greatly dissatisfied with how things are in the D
>> Programming Language, we decided it is time to fork it.
>
> It's fascinating that Walter did not relate to this at all, but
> readily jumped into a lengthy technical discussion of a
> tangentially related topic.

This should not have happened.

This is my first time reading the D newsgroup in years, and the
first
thing I see is a post about a fork that quickly turned into an
off-topic
discussion, that Walter decided to engage in. I realised he ended
up
forking it into a new thread, but it just shouldn't have happened
in the
first place.

Good luck to both projects. I wonder what my go-to compiled
language
will be in a couple years.