The forked elephant in the room

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Tue Jan 16 23:24:20 UTC 2024

On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 10:17:35PM +0000, Paolo Invernizzi via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 January 2024 at 20:18:00 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
[...]
> > I suspect if we all sat down in a room together, we'd have it
> > resolved within an hour.
>
> Yeah, I know, I manage people since I was 25 and I'm 54 now: I've
> learned that nothing settles down misunderstandings better than having
> a beer.
[...]

Meeting in person solves 90% of communication problems.  Although online
communication preserves the textual content of a message, it often fails
to convey the emotional and implicit contents, and lacks facial / body
language cues, which are equally important parts of human communication.
Video communication is somewhat better in preserving the facial cue
component, but often still lacks (most of) the body language.

Designer clothes: how to cover less by paying more.