The forked elephant in the room

matheus matheus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 23:49:28 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 16 January 2024 at 20:45:58 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/16/2024 12:24 PM, Elias (0xEAB) wrote:
> It's happened before. It's one reason why our annual in-person
> conference is so valuable. Sitting around the same table,
> perhaps with a beer(!), works wonders.

I work as developer in a pretty much one of biggest health care
companies in my Country. We have developers scattered across all
the country, so we do pretty much everything online. Last week we
were having a problem with one system, we stayed all day long
talking about it over text (Chat), I had a solution but
unfortunately some teams wasn't understanding and
miscommunication was occurring and some people was entering the
chat later and asking the same things over and over.

The next day in the morning I was called again to explain the
solution for a new team, then I asked everybody to go online
(Video call).

Believe or not in less than 10 minutes we were finished.

This was not the first time this happened, where texts (Chat or
e-mail) keep going around and nothing moves until we go online.

I think sometimes this group lack of this kind of thing. I even
posted in another thread about String Interpolation that this
should be resolved faster if you were online.

That's it,

Matheus.