I approved DIP1036e

claptrap clap at trap.com
Wed Jan 17 11:40:31 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 17 January 2024 at 10:58:44 UTC, Dibyendu Majumdar
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 January 2024 at 10:54:07 UTC, claptrap wrote:
>> You are niave and misinformed, alot of people, even core devs
>> are not happy with how things are managed.
>>
>> And I'm not attacking anyone, it's just debate and criticism.
>>

> Its people like you who are the problem.

Are we in Noth Korea? People who dare to criticise the Dear
Leader are "problems?

Will someone come round my house and put a bag over my head and
drag me away?

> In all the discussions, Walter always argues technical points,
> he never abuses or name calls people or attacks them personally.

Look, the reason there are two people to review the DIPs is so
that Walter doesn't get to review his own DIPs. That process was
set up to avoid conflict of interest. Avoiding conflict of
interest is as much as about appearance is it is about actually
avoiding it. The process needs to be open and to garner the trust
of the people involved.

So unless something has changed Walter agreed with this. I'm
saying the current situation with the SI DIPs was the same but
actually worse.

You can't avoid that people will see alterior motives in what you
do, just as its near impossible to be impartial if you also have
a horse in the race.

What I'm saying has nothing to do with whether Walter can do
whatever he wants, he can obviously, but that doesn't mean he
should be immune from critisism in how things are run.