I approved DIP1036e

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 14:19:37 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 17 January 2024 at 02:16:01 UTC, zjh wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 January 2024 at 20:38:37 UTC, Walter Bright
> wrote:
>> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/15715
>>
>> I was unconvincing in my arguments, there was too much
>> acrimony, and its effects do not affect the rest of the
>> language.
>

> In fact, two switches can also be provided for continuous
> feedback during use.
> We should also establish an `experimental mechanism` that
> allows for the revocation of the switch if it causes
> significant harm!

I agree with that

It should have been like other features, both under -preview
switch, then a period of several months for testing, then a
debate in forums about wich is better

Do this with tuple, pattern matching, and tagged union, so people
can test, give feedback, propose improvements without commitment
for integration

I already use 2 preview switches in my project:

-preview=rvaluerefparam
-preview=bitfields

I love rvaluerefparam, it should go core, but bitfields is imo
bad, i'd prefer to be able to get bit specific integer type
instead..

I personally have no need for string interpolation