I approved DIP1036e

bachmeier no at spam.net
Wed Jan 17 14:29:58 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 17 January 2024 at 14:06:28 UTC, M.M. wrote:

> I myself saw his comparison of DIP1027 to DIP1036, YAIDIP, and
> DIP1036e as demonstrating his overall general wish for "simple
> solutions" with "little corner and special cases"; in this
> view, bringing back DIP1027 demonstrates this part very
> concretely (instead of abstractly). But I certainly see that
> using your lenses the overall approach of Walter can be seen as
> pushing for own solution (and not arguing for a general simpler
> solution).

That was my interpretation too. I didn't read all of the posts,
but my impression is that Walter didn't fully understand what
people wanted to do with SQL, and it's not reasonable to expect
anyone to understand every use for a programming language. It's
frustrating, but communication is difficult when it involves
other humans.